Tatins & Co

Monday, April 17, 2006

Party Pinwheels

I had never made pinwheels before but they'll become a staple appetizer from now on! They're super easy, extremely versatile and impressive visually. A lot better than a bowl of peanuts!

You can spread puff pastr with almost everything but for my first pinwheels, I wanted something a bit special. I went for "pestonade", an interesting mix between pesto and tapenade.

Pestonade Pinwheels

For 1 cup pestonade (20-25 pinwheels)


2 rolls frozen puff pastry
1 cup unpitted green olives
3 CS olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1 CS lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh basil
1 CS powdered almonds
2 CS mascarpone
2 CS parmesan cheese
Salt, pepper

Unthaw puff pastry.
Mix all ingredients in a blender until you get a homogeneous paste.
Spread evenly on puff pastry sheets, roll and cut into bite-size pinwheels.
Cook in the pre-heated oven (180┬░) for 20-30 minutes.

I also made some with tomato sauce and grated cheese:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ange said...

These are making me very hungry & its still an hour til lunch time. I never knew how easy they were. Next time I'm entertaining I will give these a go

2:57 AM  
Anonymous khala said...

bienvenue au club des feuillet├ęs addicts !

3:51 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Hi Mitsuko,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home